Deena puts the whole in holistic."
Physical therapy means treatment by physical methods, such as massage and therapeutic exercise instead of medication or additional surgery.
- Move Easy’s approach to physical therapy combines:
- Manual therapies, including bodywork, myofascial release, joint mobilization, and muscle energy technique
- Movement re-education
- Ergonomic problem solving
- Therapeutic exercise including Pilates, strength, core strength, stretch, and balance
- Ultrasound, infrared light therapy, and electric stimulation
- Home exercise equipment, such as Physioball, foam roller and Thera-Band
- A home program, with self-care instruction, to achieve your goals and prevent recurrent problems.
- Deena’s integrated techniques will:
- Calm your concerns about what how the injury impacts your life
- Help you overcome the confusion of “not knowing what to do” about your injury
- Decrease the pain, the inflammation and the limiting movement patterns
- Release trauma associated with acute injury
- Speed rehabilitation from surgeries
- Reduce suffering from chronic conditions such as back pain, sciatica, or hand and joint problems from repetitive stress.
- The goals of physical therapy include:
- Better range of motion, flexibility and coordination
- Increased endurance and strength (especially core strength)
- Improved posture, balance and mobility
- Improved performance in work, dance, sports or leisure activities
In addition to therapeutic treatment, Deena will teach you how to problem-solve so you can prevent recurrent problems, modify your living and working environment to stay safe and sound, and function at your greatest potential.